What are the posts in an alumni committee?
President: Duties might include:
• Presiding at all meetings of the association and committee.
• Representing the association in its dealings with other organizations or people outside the association.
• Serving as the association’s liaison with the University.
Vice-President: Duties might include:
• Performing the duties of President in his or her absence and assisting as needed.
• The committee may wish to consider designating this post later as President.
Secretary: Duties might include:
• Responsibility for all correspondence and recording of minutes of meetings and communicating them to each Alumni Committee member.
• Preparing agendas for meetings in consultation with the President.
• Ensuring that notices of meetings are sent to association members as required.
Treasurer: Duties might include:
• Responsibility for the finances of the association, for maintaining accurate records and for preparing an annual statement of the association’s accounts.
• Setting up systems to deal with the association’s finances.
• Overseeing annual membership subscriptions if applicable in conjunction with the Membership Secretary.
Membership Secretary: Duties might include:
• Maintaining records of association members.
• Planning and implementing strategies for increasing membership and participation.
Event’s Organizer: Duties might include:
• Suggesting possible activities and events to the committee, investigating costs and venues.
• Responsibility for event planning and coordination.
Communications Officer: Duties might include:
• Writing and editing the association’s newsletter and/or other means of communicating with the membership.
• Making use of other available communication channels (e.g. links with Alumni Website).